Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So who am I, and why should you care?

Hello everyone! As I'm sitting here in front of my screen put on the spot to come up with a my first blog post, several things are running through my mind. Firstly, starting a blog is a rather momentous occassion. I've got several ideas in mind for possible posts, but I feel the need to fine tune them before posting, so I'll make my first post the boring generic sterotypical choice for a first post: the get to know me post! Okay, I promise I'll do my best not to make it boring, stereotypical, or generic (which I'm fairly confident I can achieve). First off, I want to mention a tidbit about my username, The Author, which is also my DJ name for my radio show, Authorization Required, on WMTS 88.3 from 2-4 p.m. every Thursday (cue shameless advertising). This blog will somewhat be an extension of my persona from the radio, so if you came here after hearing me announce my blog over the air, then welcome! I'm involved in several other things this semester, including a writing gig for the local on-campus publication, The Record, which is bi-weekly by the way, in case you were wondering. I like movies, music, (obviously) games, sports, and reading. I follow Blue Raider football, basketball, and baseball, I'm pumped for the new Metallica CD coming out Friday, and the last book I read was Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Well, I think that's enough, so I'm gonna wrap this up. I hope you guys enjoy my blog post, and if not, then :P

No comments: